- Guest Services A to Z
- Guest Safety & Prohibited Items
- Accessibility Options
- Nearby Restaurants & Hotels
- Suites & Premium Seating
Events Guest Safety and Prohibited Items
The Petersen Events Center is committed to create a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for our guests. Our staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where guests can enjoy the sporting event or entertainment experience free from the following behaviors:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Intoxication or signs of alcohol consumption related impairments
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public family setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Any guest action causing disruption of a game or an event
- Guests seated in a location other than their ticketed seat
In response to the need for heightened security procedures, the Petersen Events Center has implemented the following policies to ensure a safe, enjoyable event experience for all guests.
Entering Petersen Events Center
- Upon entering the Petersen Events Center, guests will undergo appropriate security based screening. These procedures help ensure all guests have a safe and enjoyable event experience.
- Only small personal bags (i.e. purses, baby or diaper, etc.) will be permitted inside the Petersen Events Center. These items will be searched upon entering.
- Bags larger than 12" x 12" x 12" are not permitted.
- iPads are permitted
In addition, the follow items are not permitted inside the Petersen Events Center:
- Coolers, backpacks and sealed packages (including gifts for athletes and/or performers)
- Food or Beverage, with the exception of special medical needs
- Cans, bottles, glass or other similar containers
- Video, audio, professional cameras, recording device, tripods and bipods are strictly prohibited in the building.
- For Pitt Basketball, cameras with detachable lenses are not permitted. However, small personal still-cameras with permanently attached 3" or smaller are permitted
- For all other events, camera policies may vary. Please phone 412-648-3054 closer to the event date for the latest information.
- Air horns or noisemakers
- Weapons of any kind
- Spiked or studded jewelry and belts
- Selfie Sticks
- Pepper Spray or Mace
- Laser Pointers
- Go Pros
- Animals, except for those performing disabled service duty
- Electronic Cigarettes cannot be used inside the building
- Signs, banners, flags, posters or any other item that:
- obstructs the view
- deemed offensive
- pose a danger or a possible security risk
- No Flags larger than 3' x 2'
- No Poles/Sticks for flags or signs